In this stage, the main question is whether you have succeeded in moving the participants toward their desired outcomes. If the answer is yes, you can move into creating action steps and follow-up opportunities for additional reﬂection. If no, what additional questions were raised? You may need to repeat the cycle with a new approach and possibly a new opening prompt.
As the facilitator at this stage, ask questions of the participants that help determine if they have made progress.
- Are you ready to take the next steps?
- What moves us toward action?
- Did we surface new questions that need to be asked?
- Do we need more information?
- What implication does this have?
- What are the next steps or applications?
- What choices can I make today that will impact the future?
- Are we ready to move to concrete action steps?