In this tutorial, we’re going to set-up a Solo Session so that you can have someone else do an exercise. Solo Sessions are exercises which are done by someone on their own and not Live with a facilitator present.
You can do these exercises with clients, friends, colleagues, family members or anyone else you want to experience the process!
Creating Solo Sessions for someone else are great when you want to:
- Let your client work on his/her own schedule
- Have more time during your client appointment for discussion
- Practice using the ImageCenter
Once you set up a few Solo Sessions, you will be able to do this in a minute or two!
Do you need to purchase or redeem some uses?
If you don’t have a membership with unlimited use, you may need to purchase or redeem some Uses before setting up a Solo Session.
For help on how to redeem Uses
How to set-up a Solo Session for someone else
1) Log-in to your ImageCenter account
Need help logging-in?
Forget your Username or Password?
2) Click on “Set Up a New Session”
If your home page doesn’t show the “Facilitator Center”
- Click on “Turn on facilitator options”
Now click on “Set Up a New Session”
3) How the next page will appear depends on being a Member or Non-Member
If you are a VizPeeps Community Member (with unlimited use), your screen will look like this.
If you are not a VizPeeps Community member and purchase individual Uses or have received complimentary Uses, your screen will look like this.
- Select “I Have Enough. Let’s Go!”
4) Will this activity be live and simultaneous?
- Select “No”
- Click on “Select Participants”
5) Create an ImageCenter account for your participant
Your participant needs an ImageCenter account in order to do the exercise. You can set up the account for him/her in this window.
In the box labeled “Need to Add Participants?”
- Enter the participant’s first and last name
- Enter his/her email address
- Click on “Add New Participant to List”
The ImageCenter will send an automated email to the person and ask them to verify the account.
Important: Please ask your participant to verify his/her new account by going to their email in-box and clicking on the verification link sent by the ImageCenter. Participants can’t use their accounts until they take this step.
A Username will be assigned to the person.
A new web browser screen will open when the link is clicked and the participant will be directed to create a Password for his/her account.
Ask Participant to:
- Create Password
- Enter Password again
- Click on “Finish Registration”
After he/she clicks on “Finish Registration”, the account has been set up and ready for the participant to have a session!
6) Select the participant you’ll be working with
When you clicked on “Add New Participant to List” the person’s name was added to your participant list.
- Select the participant’s name from the list
- Click on “Arrange Some Final Details”
7) Arrange Some Final Details
This is the page where you will:
- Select your image deck
- Select which prompt you want to use or create your own (A prompt is the question or statement that begins and is the focus of the discussion)
- Finish setting up your session
A) Select your image deck
Image decks are collections of photographs and/or paintings that your participant will be using to respond to the prompt.
- Go to the pull-down menu and select which image deck you want to use
- You can find out more about the image decks and what they are used for by clicking on “See a description of each set.”
B) What prompt do you want to use?
Under each image deck is a list of well-tested prompts (Global Prompts) provided by the ImageCenter that are known to be effective with that particular deck.
To use one of the Global Prompts:
- Go to the prompt pull-down menu and select a [Global] prompt
- The pull-down menu shows only the nicknames for the prompts. You can see the full prompts and their nicknames by clicking on “See the full list”
- Click on “Set Up the Session”
To quickly create and use your own custom prompt:
In the “Want to Quick-Add a Custom Prompt?” box
- Type in your prompt
- Create a nickname for it (This will appear in the Prompt scroll-down menu)
- Click “Add Prompt”
You will see all of your custom prompts appear with each image deck.
To use one of your custom prompts
- Select your [Custom] prompt from the prompt pull-down menu
- Click on “Set Up the Session”
8) View session details
- Here you can see the details of the session you just set up
- Click on “Return to Main Menu”
9) Start your session!
From the Main Menu, here’s how to start your session.
- Click on “Begin/Resume an Activity”
- Select the session you want to begin
On this page you’ll find directions for how to do the exercise and how to move the images around.
- Click on “Let’s Begin!” to start the exercise!
Your ImageCenter exercise has started!
Here is what you are looking at:
- At the top-center of the page, you can see your prompt
- The gray space in the middle is where you arrange your images in response to the prompt
- On both sides of the gray area you will see the image deck you selected
- To get help during the exercise about how to move the images, click on “Instructions” in the top-left of the page. You can also see them on the bottom of the page.
- At the bottom-right of the gray area is the timer for the exercise. For best results, we suggest you limit the exercise to 5-6 minutes at the most
- When you are finished arranging your images, click “I’m Done” in the top-right of the page
Please let us know if there are other resources you would like to see added to the ImageCenter.